Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger again, I'm sorry.  My son and I have been sick for weeks with colds, and then on Monday he suddenly got really, really sick.  We made an emergency appointment with his doctor and he was diagnosed with croup and given some steroids to keep his throat from closing.  We went home and he seemed to be about the same on Tuesday, then yesterday he wouldn't eat or play or really do anything but cry.  I decided I should take him back to the doctor, so made another emergency appointment and went back.  Of course as soon as the doctor came in he was happy, wanted her to play peek-a-boo with him, and crawled right up in her lap for a snuggle.

She said his throat was probably just bothering him and to get him something cold to eat.  We talked about his lack of speech so far and she referred him to a speech therapist.  As soon as we got in the car, he started talking.

Seriously, kid?

Today we're having our first named winter storm.  I don't know why they started naming them, but I think it's kind of cool.  Brutus is currently snowing on my house.  I'm hoping I'll get a chance to take some Christmas products outside and hang on one of our little trees so I can take some nice pictures of them.  I'm also hoping I'll get a chance to paint today.  It's been too long since I got to paint.  My husband's work schedule has been really crazy lately and that means I have less time to work, especially when our son is home sick from school the one day a week he goes!

I am also hoping today I'll get orders ready and ship them tomorrow and maybe get a little closer to being done with lots of other projects that desperately need to be wrapped up.  I am not sure if I will get to paint, thinking about all that I have to do.  :(


1 comment:

  1. Tiffany,
    I hope that both Wolf and you get to feeling better.
    And little tykes are just like that, when you try to tell someone (doctor or other parent) that they are doing this or not doing that.... sure enough the little tyke proves ya wrong. haha

    ReplyDelete