Sunday, October 2, 2011


I've been hearing a lot of rumblings lately. Specifically, from my stomach. Not sure what's going on in that department except that it frequently hurts and I haven't been getting a lot done since it started. I'm on some medication that will hopefully help, but until then it's kind of touch and go.

I will try to update the blog a little more though, I hate it when I log in and see it's been weeks since I posted anything. Eek!

My house is all torn apart again, so that's also put a damper on creative pursuits. In the end it will be worth it. A lot of my kitchen and laundry room floor was apparently rotten, so in addition to getting tile a lot of the sub-floor has been repaired. There will only be a few more small things to fix and then the house will be totally renovated. It's weird to remember what this place looked like just two years ago when I moved in. My poor husband has totally lost his man cave, but even he has to agree it looks good.

I did finish a digital painting yesterday, but I'm waiting to release it because I have a huge backlog of #1 prints to auction off, and last night and this afternoon I cranked out 3 cute ACEOs. You can find those in my eBay store. I'm going to try to do an ACEO every day for a while. I'm getting pretty fast and they don't take much time at all anymore. They used to take me hours and were not really worth it, but now each one might take 1-2 hours at the most. They are still really tricky and sometimes I get really bad hand cramps from the tiny little details, but they are really cute and fun.

I have some more paintings in progress, but when don't I have something up my sleeve? I have a new pen & ink drawing, and I hope to do more of that this winter, a couple of digital pieces, an acrylic painting, and we're working on canvas prints. My husband finally figured out what was wrong with our canvas printer and I'm excited to put him to work stretching canvas prints.

You read that right - the epic Epson 2200 saga has finally come to a close. After replacing all the motors my husband discovered a little lever-thingy was out of alignment, and after an hour of struggling to reach the tricky little thing since it was pretty deep in the printer's mechanical bits, he finally got it to slide into place. No joke, as he hit the power button and the printer churned back to life, his netbook started randomly playing him "Ride of the Valkyries". I figured that was a sign and when no flashing red lights appeared, I did a little dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment